Monday, August 31, 2009

A Breakfast that is Worth the Wait

If you love omelettes and waffles you won't mind waiting to get in to the Costa Mesa Omelette Parlor. They don't take reservations and on the weekend you will absolutely have to wait at least 15 minutes because this is a favorite amongst locals. It looks like it used to be part of the "Chester Drawers Inn" but on the window it says The Costa Mesa Omelette Parlor." I immediately thought of this place when my friend Huy came to Orange County to visit. I used to drag him to restaurants in San Francisco telling him how delicious the food was, so when we decided to meet for breakfast and I had to show him this place. We went during the week so we didn't have to wait to be seated. He asked me what he should try and I told him my favorite omelette was the "South Coast Finest." This omelette is made with avocado, bacon and cheddar cheese - simple and delicious. I also highly recommend the "Belgian Wonder Wa-Fulls" this waffle is topped with warm bananas and walnuts sautéed in butter and brown sugar. We decided to get both and split both plates down the middle. This was the best idea ever and we both got the best of both worlds.






Check out their menu and try it next time you are in the area. Its right off the 55 freeway.

The Costa Mesa Omelette Parlor179 E 17th StreetSte ACosta Mesa, CA 92627Hours: Mon-Sun. 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be fooled by it's appearance and I don't mean to be too vulgar but the potatoes look like real human feces! Trust Ana's judgment about this place, it's food sent from heaven... literally, Jesus served us.

    Anyhow, if you like this place then come to San Francisco and I will take you to some awesome breakfast joints that will put this place to shame! I know what your thinking, if the Omelette Parlor is food sent from heaven then where does SF food come from? Well, all I can say is you have to just come up and try it.

    P.S. You forgot to mention my huge pectorals. And great blogging skills Ana keep it up.

    ReplyDelete